Role: Learning Support Assistant for SEND needs
Contract: Limited term (temporary), term time only to include INSET days (39 weeks per year)
Salary: Grade JG3 (Scp. 5-6), £19,650 - £20,043 per annum (pro-rata: £13,933.20 to £14,211.87 per annum)
Hours: 30 per week, Monday to Friday
Duration: 1st September 2022 to 31st August 2023
St. Mary's CE Primary School is a small and friendly village primary school in Portbury. The School is part of a large family of schools operated under the leadership of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership. The Trust currently comprises 25 Schools in North Somerset.
St. Mary's are very lucky to have a light and attractive school building and lovely grounds. The outside space includes two playgrounds, a large flat field with an outdoor classroom, willow structures, an activity trail and a hidden gem of a conservation area with a pond.
We encourage you to browse our website for more information about St. Mary's CE Primary School.
St Mary’s C of E Primary has an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistants, to support children with specific SEND needs from September 2022.
Both posts are limited term (temporary) from September 2022 until 31st August 2023 subject to a review of funding and work requirements.
Post-holders will be required to work 30 hours per week, term time only to include INSET days.
The salary is grade JG3 scale points 5 to 6. The full-time equivalent salary is £19,312 to £19,698 per annum with a pro rata salary for the hours and weeks worked of £13,693.54 to £13,967.24 per annum.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about helping young children learn and develop
- Enthusiastic, creative and caring
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to show initiative and reflect on your own practice
- Able to build effective relationships with parents and other stakeholders
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and specification before submitting an application.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact the Gordano School reception and ask to speak to Debbie Coker or phone the school office at St Mary’s C of E Primary, Portbury.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment in a rural setting with an opportunity to contribute towards excellent outcomes for children and young people
- Friendly and successful school
- A positive ethos with a dedicated and hard-working staff team
- Collaborative working within our Trust community to support our endeavours to work smarter
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Career opportunities across Schools within the Trust
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to wellbeing support
- 24-hour confidential helpline and counselling
- Access to healthcare plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discount retail platform with access to hundreds of discounts
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. In order to do so, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. Please be advised, in accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy, we do not accept CV’s.
Closing Date: Monday, 18th July 2022 (9:00 am) - We recommend early applications as the School reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Shortlisting Date: Monday, 18th July 2022
Interview Date: Thursday, 21st July 2022