LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT (to include lunchtime supervision)
18 hours per week, term time only. To start September 2022.
Scale 1C3, points 2-6 (£21,399-£22,983 FTE), (£8,964 - £9,627 pro-rata)
Our School is changing and growing. Already successful and at the heart of the community we want to step up a gear and raise standards even further whilst making sure our creative curriculum continues to meet the needs of every child.
We put our pupils at the forefront of all we do and need someone who shares our passion. We enable all children to make the best progress they can.
Through our creative curriculum we aim to prepare pupils to move confidently and happily through each stage of their education, enabling them to become lifelong learners.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant. We are seeking to recruit positive, enthusiastic members of staff with a commitment to our ethos, vision and values. This role is to support children in class and also during lunchtimes.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Hours of work:
Vacancy 1: 9.20am-1.30pm (including unpaid breaks of 40 minutes) plus an additional 30 mins per week by arrangement for liaision with the teacher(s).
Vacancy 2: 11.35am-3.30pm (including an unpaid break of 25 minutes) plus an additional 30 mins per week by arrangement for liaision with the teacher(s).
Vacancy 3: 11.20am-3.15pm (including an unpaid break of 25 minutes) plus an additional 30 mins per week by arrangement for liaision with the teacher(s).
Please note that hours of work can be changed to suit the business needs of the school with a month's notice.
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 or above in Specialist Teaching & Learning Support, Teaching & Learning Support, Childcare Learning & Development or equivalent.
• Have good literacy and numeracy skills - equivalent to at least Basic Skills Level 2/GCSE (4-9 /A*-C) in English & Maths.
• Have experience of working with primary aged children and the ability to demonstrate high quality phonics teaching and support.
Persons without the relevant and required qualifications should not apply.
About Hackbridge Primary School
Located close to Hackbridge Station, our school has been at the heart of our community for over 100 years.
Having been a popular three-form entry primary school with a maintained nursery for many years, we became a four-form entry primary school, with maintained nurseries, on a split site in the autumn 2019. In addition, we are federated with Spencer Nursery School, who provide childcare and education from birth to 4 years, meaning across our federation we provide education from 0-11 years.
The primary school is based across two sites; Hackbridge Corner and London Road, with Spencer Nursery School on a third site nearby. All three sites are within short walking distance of each other and staff work collaboratively across all sites.
Our new London Road site was officially opened to pupils in November 2019 and is the first Passivhaus Plus school in the United Kingdom. Across the school, pupils benefit from use of facilities at both sites and we were very excited to gain a playing field when we opened the London Road site.
We are a big part of our local community and work closely with local businesses and were recently awarded a local community ‘Hackbridge Hero’ award.
Please see our website to have a look at our virtual tours and other school information. We also have Instagram and Twitter pages - @hackbridgerocks.
Why Work at Hackbridge Primary School?
• Opportunity to be part of a growing school
• Chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and fast growing community
• Excellent transport links nearby
• Wide range of facilities across our sites
• A strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Focus on staff well-being and access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
All applicants must:
• Show a commitment to maintaining high standards and ensuring all children make good progress by providing a stimulating, safe, secure and nurturing environment.
• Address each point of the person specification sequentially within the statement of suitability within the application form. Applications where this has not been fulfilled will not be considered. Please see the guidance on how to apply document for more information.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of applications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references, qualifications, medical clearance and right to work in the UK. Please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form as per the guidance document provided.
Interviews: Will be arranged via email once shortlisting has taken place.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The Federation of Hackbridge Primary School and Spencer Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, additional safeguarding checks, references, medical clearance and right to work in the UK.