CYFARTHFA PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Learning Support Assistant – Level 3
27.5 hours per week
Grade 3 SCP7-12 £20,444-£22,571 per annum pro rata
Pro rata = 64.72% £13,231-£14,607
Temporary until February 2023 - commencing Monday September 5th 2022
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and energetic class room assistant to join our team and work in our Foundation Phase Department.
The newly appointed LSA will
• Plan, prepare and deliver assigned programmes of teaching and learning activities to individuals, groups and classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the overall direction and supervision of a teacher.
• Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
• Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
• Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
• Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
• Develop and implement Individual Development Plans, in conjunction with the class teacher, for pupils (such as Individual Educational Plans), including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
• Cover PPA and short term illness when required
• Support the role of parents / carers in pupils’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents / carers to provide constructive feedback on pupil progress/achievement etc.
• Learning Support Assistants at this level are expected to undertake the following:
Provide support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
Provide support to pupils where English is not their first language
Provide support to more able and talented pupils
If you require further details please contact Mr O Morgan (Head teacher) or Mrs L Cheeke (Deputy Head).
Applications to be completed by – Midday Friday 15th July 2022.
Shortlisting – Friday 15th July 2022.
Interviews on – Week beginning 18th July 2022.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English. If you are successfully shortlisted for interview please contact us to let us know if you would like your interview to be conducted through the medium of Welsh.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Cyfarthfa Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.