Learning Support Assistant (LSA) 1:1 and Midday Play Facilitator (MPF) with SEN child – November 2019
Due to an influx of special needs children, Heather Ridge Infant School are seeking to employ another experienced, fun, enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant (LSA), to work on a 1:1 basis with a Reception child with challenging special needs.
Part of the role will be to supervise the SEN child at lunchtime, both in the dinner hall and afterwards, supporting playtime outside in the playground.
The role will include working individually on a 1:1 basis with a SEN child, to enable the child to be fully inclusive in the curriculum in Reception Year. This role will require close liaison with the Class Teacher, SENCO and supporting agencies.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can make learning fun and stimulating.
- Is patient, kind and enjoys working as part of a team.
- Is good at communicating and working with parents, Teachers and professionals.
- Shows initiative, but is also able to seek and listen to advice.
- Has a good knowledge of children's development.
- Is educated to GCSE Level C or above in Math and English.
- Has a positive disposition and a resilient nature.
- Is willing to undertake training as necessary.
What we offer:
- Hard working, enthusiastic, friendly and well behaved children.
- The opportunity of working with a cheerful, committed team in a friendly environment of a well respected and efficiently run school.
- A supportive team with experienced Teachers.
Hours of Work and Salary:
LSA - Monday to Friday inclusive: 10 hours per week, term time only plus 3 INSET days, 1.00pm – 3.00pm.
Salary is Surrey Pay 3 – Full time equivalent: £17,316.
MPF - Monday to Friday inclusive: 5 hours per week, term time only, 12 noon - 1.00pm. Salary is Surrey Pay 1/2 - Full time equivalent: £16,894.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 28th November 2019.
Interviews will take place on Monday 2nd December 2019.
Start date will be as soon as possible, depending on Notice Period required.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please call the school on 01276 24918 for more information or to arrange a visit.
Heather Ridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS and completion of a Disqualification by Association Declaration Form.
Heather Ridge Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.