Learning Support Assistant (SEMH)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: BG6 (£17,972 - £18,870) pro rata
Learning Support Assistant (LSA). 32.5 hours per week, term time only.
Cabot Primary School is a thriving and diverse school in the heart of the St Paul’s community. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our team of LSAs in supporting children with Social and Emotional difficulties or ASC in our school.
Ofsted (Nov 2018) rated the school as Good, with examples of key strengths being:
- “The school’s curriculum is rich in experiences which motivate pupils to concentrate well and support them to build their knowledge effectively.”
- “Pupils enthusiasm for reading is palpable. Their eyes open wide with excitement when they talk about books.”
- “Staff and pupils enjoy coming to school and appreciate the help and support they receive.”
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) in a varied role that may include providing individual support for a pupil with additional learning needs as well as working with small groups of children or individuals, under the direction of teaching staff, to ensure all pupils make excellent progress and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- high expectations of what children can achieve
- experience of working with children in the primary range
- flexibility and creativity
- resilience, and can pick themselves up when things don’t go to plan
- a passion for and experience of working with children with emotional difficulties
- a positive approach and passion for engaging children in learning
- an ability to develop good relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- be qualified to GCSE level (Grade C or above), or equivalent, in Maths and English.
- experience of supporting children with ASC needs would be advantageous.
Our community is diverse and vibrant and we actively seek to provide opportunities to celebrate diversity and challenge stereotypes.
Please contact the school if you would like to come and visit, or for any further information.
Closing date: Thursday 11th March 2021(9am)
Interviews: w/c 15th or 22nd March
Cabot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.