We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support a child, or children, with specific needs. This position is for a Fixed Term Contract from Autumn Term 2020 until the end of the Summer Term 2021. The hours are linked to Educational Health Care Plans and subject to funding whilst the child/ren attend our school. As well as supporting a child or children with an EHCP, there will be the requirement to take on the role of supporting our Before School Club, this is on a fixed term contract linked to financial circumstances. Finally, the same person will also take on the role of a Lunch Time Supervisor two days a week, again in support of a child/children with EHCPs.
Job shares will be considered - please state on your application if you wish to be considered for a job share and your preferred days.
Before-School Club Details
Hours of Work: 8:00 to 8:45 am Monday to Friday (term time only – 38 weeks per year paid pro rata) - Fixed Term.
Primary Role: To look after children who attend the morning school club.
Learning Support Assistant Details
Hours of Work: 8:45 am to 12:00pm and 1:00 to 3:15 pm Monday to Friday (term time only - 39 weeks per year paid pro rata) - Fixed Term.
Primary Role: To support class teachers and SENCo in the teaching and learning of pupils across the primary age range, with particular consideration towards pupils with SEN.
Lunch Time Supervisor Details
Hours of Work: 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm Tuesday and Wednesday (term time only - 38 weeks per year paid pro rata) Fixed Term Contract
Primary Role: To take responsibility for the health and safety and security of an individual child, or children, during the school lunch break.
We are a good school and we are looking for someone to join our team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly driven professional who -
- Holds at least NVQ level 2 in Child Care or above.
- Ideally has experience of working with children with SEND.
- Prides themselves as being a team player.
- Has exemplary classroom practice.
- Can inspire, motivate and support class teachers to help bring learning alive.
- Is a good communicator, with strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Shows commitment to promoting and developing a safe and stimulating learning environment for all.
- Is reflective and willing to embrace new ideas.
- Has the drive and commitment to encourage and support all pupils to reach their full potential.
- Has a great sense of humour.
- Has proven experience of working with a range of children in the primary setting.
- Has excellent behaviour management skills, focusing on positive reinforcement.
We can offer you -
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- The rewards of working within a highly motivated, supportive and enthusiastic team (who also have a good sense of humour!)
- Motivated, friendly and happy pupils, with excellent behaviour and learning attitudes.
- An opportunity to join a forward thinking team with a shared vision for our school.
Normally we would warmly invite all potential candidates to visit and find out more about our unique school, however, due to COVID-19 we are unable to do this. If you require any further information please email the school office with your name and contact number and we will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Only applications submitted on our application form will be considered.
Closing Date: by 3.30pm on 20th July 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed