An exciting opportunity has arisen for an LSA to support teaching and learning at Bushy Hill Junior School in Guildford. This is a rewarding and varied role. We are particularly looking for flexible and resourceful individuals able to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
• Working with class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning
• Supporting children on a 1:1 or group basis (including children with additional needs)
• Undertaking lunchtime supervision
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
• Good opportunities for personal and career development
• Pension Scheme and other Employee benefits
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
• Previous experience working as a Learning Support Assistant
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
• A positive ‘growth mindset’ attitude
• A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
• Albeit class-based roles we particular welcome applications from those with experience of working with children with Social & Emotional needs or ASD
This is a Fixed Term contract (01Sept22-31Aug23)
FULL TIME = 31.25 hours per week and Term Time + 3 Insets (38.6 weeks per year)
Hours: 08.30-15.15 (incl lunchtime supervision) Monday-Friday
Salary: Surrey Pay PS3 - FTE £19,913 - £20,257 (Pro Rata approx. £14,275 - £15,243)
Please note - This is advertised as full-time, but working hours/days could be negotiable for the right candidate - please detail your requirements in your personal statement
Visits to the school prior to application are encouraged, please contact the School Business Manager (via the school office) to arrange a visit.
Application deadline: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (no later than WEDNESDAY 20 JULY 2022 - by 9am)
Interview date: Due to the pending end of term we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as we receive applications. Please submit your application as soon as possible (do not wait for the deadline). The school reserve the right to withdraw this advert early is a suitable candidate is appointed
Start Date: Thursday 01 September 2022
Bushy Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring System check, along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Bushy Hill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.