We require an enthusiastic and highly effective learning support assistant to provide additional support for a pupil. The role will involve working on the Enhanced Support Plan with a pupil, small group work as well as providing medical and general support to ensure full access to all aspects of learning in class and school life including lunchtime. The successful candidate will need to be able to use their own initiative as well as working as part of a team under the direction of the classteacher and Early Years Lead. We welcome candidates who are supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
The hours are 28.75 hours per week (8.45am-3.30pm) Monday to Friday term time only plus 4 days. The post is initially until August 2021 subject to funding.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who:
• is committed to the welfare and well-being of all pupils
• is committed to high standards of attainment and behaviour
• will provide high quality support and encouragement under the direction of the class teacher
• has excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills
• works effectively as part of a skilled team
• is adaptable and open to new
ideas and practices
• has a First Aid qualification or is willing to undertake any training necessary for the role
• is willing to participate in all aspects of school life including events outside of the normal school day
• be punctual and reliable
Due to the current Covid 19 situation, there will not be an opportunity to look around our school but we invite you to visit our website where you will definitely get a flavour of the school. Should you have any questions regarding the position, please email or phone the school. (School reopens on Monday 2nd November)
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 9th November 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th November.