The role is part of the Vale of Glamorgan, Hearing Impaired Service, within the Vale of Glamorgan’s Wellbeing and ALN Directorate. The job is placed within the Hearing Impairment resource base, at St Cyres Comprehensive. You would be part of a energetic and supportive team who are passionate about supporting pupils with Hearing Impairment.
Pay Details: Grade 5, spinal point 8-12, £20,493 - £22,183 (Pro Rata)
Hours of Work / Working Pattern: 30 hours, 5 days a week
Main place of work Vale of Glamorgan Hearing Impaired Base, at St Cyres Comprehensive
The role involves supporting pupils with a hearing loss to access the curriculum using a variety of communication approaches and enabling them to be fully involved in all aspects of school life.
The successful candidate will work with pupils with hearing loss across Key Stages 3,4 and 5.
You will need:
- Understanding of the different educational and social needs of pupils with hearing loss and additional learning needs and the effects of loss of hearing on learning
- Previous and recent experience working with children in secondary school, capable of supporting pupils with HI in ALL curriculum areas
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently with initiative but also as part of a team.
- Good organisation
- Willing and able to learn new skills
- To be able to promote pupil’s independent learning
- Good general standard of education including ‘C’ grade or above in English and Maths GCSE.
- Prepared to undertake relevant training as required
- BSL Level 2 or above (or wiling to attain this in own time)
DBS Check Required: Enhanced
The Vale of Glamorgan LA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.