We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support the academic development and wellbeing of children within our school.
The role will include:
- Guiding pupils' learning and supporting them in the development of skills and attitudes
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals and groups of pupils
- Supporting pupils’ with special educational needs
- Being an effective model for pupil behaviour
- Helping with classroom resources and records
- Assisting in the presentation of display materials
- Undertaking lunch time supervision
- Recognising confidentiality, safeguarding and child protection procedures, Health & Safety, and the policies of the Governing Body and the LA
This role will suit applicants who:
- Have an interest or passion in working with children with special educational needs.
- Have proven experience/knowledge of working with a pupil who has complex special educational needs including ASC (Autistic spectrum condition).
- Are patient, calm and always sensitive to the needs of the child
- Are able to support the learning development in numeracy, literacy and other curriculum areas
- Are well organised and able to demonstrate initiative when enhancing the learning environment
- Are flexible and able to adapt learning activities to meet the needs of the child
- Are able to promote listening and attention skills
- Are able to support the development of social skills and emotional literacy
- Are able to support the classroom teacher helping with records and administration
- Are loyal, reliable, and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour
- Have high expectations of children and themselves.
As a Learning Support Assistant, applicants will be asked to work with small groups or individual children with special educational needs as part of their role. This will involve implementing individual support plans in liaison with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager.
Bushy Hill is an exciting and vibrant place to work. We are committed to high standards and a real sense of community. We will be offering you a supportive staff and governing body and training opportunities appropriate to the role.
This is a Term Time role (38.6 weeks per year) Fixed Term (to Aug 2021).
We will consider both Full-Time (split half-day Individual and half-day Class Support) and/or Part-Time (Individual Support only) applicants for this role.
The role options/sessions available would be as follows:
- FULL TIME – 08.30-15.15 Mon-Fri - 31.25 hrs p/wk
(incl lunchtime supervision)
- PART TIME (AM) – 08.30-12.15 Mon-Fri - 18.75 hrs p/wk
- PART TIME (PM) – 12.00-15.15 Mon-Fri - 16.25 hrs p/wk
(incl lunchtime supervision)
Please specify on your application which role/s you would like to be considered for.
Visits to the school prior to application are encouraged, please phone the School Office to arrange a visit.
Application forms by: FRIDAY 04 OCTOBER (BY 12NOON)
Interview date: T.B.C.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Bushy Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring System check.
Bushy Hill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.