St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a one form entry Catholic Primary School in Fishponds, Bristol. St Joseph's is a successful school, with an excellent reputation, because we recognise that happiness and learning go hand in hand.
It is our aim that every child enjoys their individual learning journey, supported by our culture of nurture and care, enabling them to be successful. We relish and embrace the opportunities and challenges of the modern world whilst fostering traditional attitudes of courtesy, thoughtfulness and responsibility. We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant for September 2020 to join our highly motivated, dedicated team. Initially based in the Reception Class there will be opportunities to work throughout the school. The role is for 27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9 am - 3.30 pm (with 1 hour for lunch).
The ideal candidate will need to:
- have experience working in EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- have a good knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, assessment process and experience of observing children’s learning.
- help pupils to access the full EYFS curriculum, at the same time promoting independent learning both inside and outside as well as self-reliance and interdependence.
- Experience supporting the social and emotional development of the children and young people they are working with (e.g. Thrive trained)
- have a good understanding of phonics and experience of or be willing to learn Read Write Inc (RWI).
- support individual children and groups, under the direction of the class teacher introducing activities and using a range of strategies to support all children in their learning.
- observe pupils' performance and engagement, using the systems in place in the class to provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress and learning.
- help to maintain individual and group records where asked to by the class teacher.
- contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups.
- help prepare and maintain an engaging, purposeful, orderly and supportive environment for learning both inside and outside.
- have excellent communication skills and an understanding of speech and language development
- have high expectations for pupil learning, personal development and behaviour
- be able to work effectively as a team and develop working relationships with all members of the school community
- above all be kind, caring and enthusiastic
In return for your hard work we offer:
- highly motivated and well behaved pupils
- the support of an experienced and dedicated team
- a caring Christian ethos
- a commitment to professional development for all staff
- a modern, well-resourced environment
- a Pension Scheme
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed but due to current covid 19 restrictions appointments will need to be arranged for outside school hours. Please email the School Business Manager, Camilla Montgomery to make an appointment or, if you prefer, to speak to the head teacher rather than visit. Contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section of the advert; please log in or register to view.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.