Learning Support Assistant (SEND) (JG3)
School: St Peter’s C of E Primary School
Hours: 32.5 hours per week,
Mon – Friday 8.30am – 12.15pm and 12.45pm – 3.30pm.
Term time only and 6 INSET days
Contract: Fixed Term, until 31st August 2021
JG3: Sp 5 £ 18,795 Pro Rata
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (JG3) to support
children with specific SEND needs at St Peter’s.
St Peter’s is a Teaching School and an English Hub. We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and use lesson study to enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos.
We were judged to be ‘Excellent’ in our recent SIAMs (church school) inspection in
February 2020. We are 630 place primary with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. St Peter’s is part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to all children.
- Have some experience in working with children in a classroom setting and
ideally have experience of working with children who have Social Emotional Mental Health needs, a diagnosis of conditions such as Autism or other high level needs such as global delay.
- Be aspirational for every child and believe that every child can, and will, learn
but might not have learnt something yet.
- Be flexible and able to adapt their practice to ensure effective learning
- Have strong pupil management skills so that classes continue to learn in a
calm and structured way.
- Be able to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, children and
- Be a reflective practitioner with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
Closing date: Friday 12th June at noon
Interviews: Week beginning 22nd June
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children
and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of a DBS and disqualification check, two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
St Peter's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.