Please note during the school closures, as a result of the current Coronavirus (COV-19), all interviews are still going ahead remotely Via TEAMS Or SKYPE.
Working Pattern: Monday-Friday,12.00pm - 3.00pm(Three Hours Per Day)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant (SEND) to join the team at Cuddington Community Primary School. This role supports children either in small groups or on a 1:1 basis to access learning across the afternoons in our mainstream classes. It will also include Midday Supervision of the children at lunchtime under the guidance of the Lead Midday Supervisor.
Successful candidates will have a good level of numeracy and literacy, as well as good interpersonal and listening skills and be able to demonstrate a commitment to helping children achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will work closely with the class teacher to support the learning, emotional and social needs of the child. The successful candidate will be subject to a robust induction programme to support their transition into the role and training will be provided to support them when working with children with additional needs. Candidates can expect to receive safeguarding training, training in phonics, and specific training related to the needs of the child they will be working with.
Cuddington is on a journey to become an outstanding primary school:
• We are developing excellent primary pedagogy and practice together with a dynamic and engaging curriculum
• Class teachers have opportunity to be involved in continuing to shape a creative rich curriculum for their class
• We have worked closely with the Surrey Plus Maths Hub to develop practice
• We work closely with our local community to offer fantastic opportunities to children
• Our learning environment includes an expansive outdoor space for enriching learning, an outdoor heated swimming pool and a fantastic learning hub combining IT and library facility
• Our children are excellently behaved and our team is a supportive and caring one
• We offer an outstanding professional development programme and a successful, supportive and highly strategic Senior Leadership Team.
THPT can offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
• Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
• Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
• Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
If you have any questions about the role or the application process please contact the THPT Recruitment Team.
For more information on Cuddington Community Primary School and working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our web site.
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date by mutual agreement.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Cuddington Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.