Learning Support Assistant (SEND) (JG3)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week,
Mon – Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
Term time only (Inset days TBC)
Contract: Fixed Term, until 31st August 2022
Grade: JG3 Sp 5 £ 19,312 Pro Rata (£14,379 actual salary)
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (JG3) to support children with specific SEND needs at St Peter’s to start as soon as possible.
St Peter’s is a 630 place primary with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. It is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos and was judged to be ‘Excellent’ in the last SIAMs (church school) inspection in February 2020. St Peter’s is a Teaching School and an English Hub and a member of the Lighthouse Schools’ Partnership. We have a clear pedagogy, exciting curriculum, and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and use lesson study, and coaching, to enable reflective practice and dialogue.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to all children.
- Have some experience in working with children in a classroom settings and ideally have experience of working with children who have Social Emotional Mental Health needs, a diagnosis of conditions such as Autism or other high level needs such as global delay.
- Have some knowledge/experience of teaching phonics and early reading
- Be aspirational for every child and believe that every child can, and will, learn but might not have learnt something yet.
- Be flexible and able to adapt their practice to ensure effective learning
- Have strong pupil management skills so that classes continue to learn in a calm and structured way.
- Be able to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Be resilient, positive, patient and compassionate.
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
Please look at our website where you will be able to get a flavour of what it is like at St Peter’s.
We warmly welcome, and encourage, visits to the school. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact our welcome desk on 01275-843142 to make an appointment.
Closing date: Thursday 7th October (Noon)
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of a DBS and disqualification check, two satisfactory references and qualifications check. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
St Peter's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.