Thistly Meadow Primary School is a friendly, popular school with a caring family ethos and a Good Ofsted rating. This is an exciting time for us as we grow our school following a significant extension in 2020.
We are looking for a skilled LSA (2 posts) to work with a child on a 1:1 basis. The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working as part of a team or 1:1 to support pupils with special educational needs (SEND).
- Experience of working with pupils with SEND, particularly those with autism, speech, language and communication difficulties and social and emotional need
- Relevant and recent experience of working with pupils with SEMH and with external agencies
- Enthusiasm and motivation
- and who works in partnership with teachers, parents and other professionals
Applicants without the necessary experience will be considered as training will be given.
These are fixed term posts working:
Post 1 - 20 hours per week 8.45am to 12.45pm Monday to Friday
Post 2 - 25 hours per week 10am to 3.25pm (25 mins unpaid lunch break) Monday to Friday
39 weeks per year (term time plus inset days).
Salary is LCC Grade 5 - pay range 7-8 (£9.98 - £10.18 per hour) dependent on experience.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension scheme
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Discounted childcare (Breakfast and After School Club)
- Access to a car sharing scheme and cycle to work scheme and a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
If you would like to apply for the post, please submit your application by Monday 15th August 2022 at 3.30pm.
Please note: Interviews will take place on Thursday 18th August 2022. If you do not hear from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. If you are invited to attend for interview, references will be taken up prior to the interview date.
Thistly Meadow Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding among our workforce. As a 'Regulated Activity' an enhanced DBS is essential for this post.