Learning Support Assistant with Sports role
Fixed term 24 August 2020 - 9 July 2021
Part time 1pm-4pm daily, term time only
Fossebrook Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning Support Assistant. To be a proactive integrated member of the School Staff Team and support the learning process under the direction of a teacher. To utilise their skills to assist the Teacher to create an educational environment in which a pupil's all-round development is achieved in accordance with the School's Raising Achievement Plan and that all children realise their potential.
To be committed to providing a high-quality education and understand your role in the progression of a child's learning.
In return we will give you opportunity to: to be an integral member of the team in a vibrant and exciting new school
• Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust
• Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
• Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school.
• Minimum of 2 years of working with children in a learning environment or relevant NVQ qualification.
• Have a level of numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to NVQ Level 2 in English and math's.
• Sports coaching qualifications is desirable but not essential.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Knowledge of Child Protection and Health & Safety regulations
• Have the ability to undertake personal development
• A high standard of literacy and numeracy skills
• A strong skillset with relation to sport
WHY CHOOSE US:
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Closing date for applications is the 5 June 2020.
Interviews: A remote interview that will be recorded (likely via Teams), depending on lockdown arrangements, to be held on 18 June 2020.
Find out more on our School Career site.