An exciting opportunity has arisen for strong candidates to support teaching and learning at St Mary Redcliffe and Temple CE VA School in Bristol. This role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
We are currently recruiting for multiple Learning Support Assistants (LSA) to support students with special educational needs, including those who have physical disabilities, autism, hearing and visual impairments, and social and emotional needs. Within our Learning Support Department, we have a team of LSAs who are valued members of the school community and fill vital roles. They are respected for the expertise they bring to their area of work.
Although these roles are listed as fixed term, it is highly likely these contracts can be extended.
Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning
- Coaching young people on a 1:1 or group basis
- Accompanying groups on trips
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
The opportunity to work within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as the cycle to work scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and responding with appropriate language to build rapport with children from a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds
- Emotional resilience and energy to work with young people with some challenging needs
- Flexible, adaptable and positive ‘can-do attitude’ to working in a structured environment
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to young people and adults
- Enthusiasm and creativity in professional approach – an ability to ‘think outside the box’ and work dynamically and responsively to student needs
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by downloading and reviewing the Cover Letter, Job Description and Person Specification.
St Mary Redcliffe and Temple School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.