Vacancy 1 - Learning Support Assistant working with a child in UKS2, 20 hours per week across 5 days (8.30am to 12.30pm) 39 weeks per year, term time plus INSET NJC Scale 4 actual salary £10,584.79 to £11,166.60 (FTE £22,377 to £23,607). Starting ASAP
Vacancy 2 - Learning Support Assistant working with a child in UKS2, 19 hours per week across 5 days (8.45am to 12.30pm) 39 weeks per year, term time plus INSET, NJC Scale 4 actual salary £10,055 to £10,608.27 (FTE £22,377 to £23,607). Starting ASAP
Vacancy 3 - Learning Support Assistant working with a child in Year 2, 26 hours per week across 5 days 39 weeks per year, term time plus INSET, NJC Scale 4 actual salary £13,760.22 to £14,516.58 (FTE £22,377 to £23,607). Starting in September 2020
These role are Specific Purpose contracts whilst the children are pupils at the school
These are rare opportunities to join our committed and supportive outstanding school community. We are seeking experienced Learning Support Assistants to work 1:1 with our pupils.
Suitable candidates for the position will have:
• Experience of working with pupils with a range of needs
• Strong English and Maths skills (minimum requirement of GCSE grade C or equivalent)
• Worked with children with SEN in an educational setting (experience of working with a range of additional needs would be welcome)
• The ability to engage and motivate the child, building good relationships with the child, parents and class teacher
• Ability to work with a range of various outside agencies and healthcare professionals and implement their recommendations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Knowledge of working to Individual Education Plans and Education Healthcare Plan outcomes
• Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
• A reflective, caring and committed attitude
Orleans Primary School is an exciting and vibrant place to work. We will be offering you a supportive and friendly staff body, the opportunity for excellent CPD, and the opportunity to take part in our regular staff social events including sharing lunches, after school staff socials and our bootcamp exercise class.
To apply for the role please refer to the person specification, and complete an application form in full.
We are unable to accept CVs.
Interviews will take place week commencing 8th June 2020
Orleans Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed to ensuring equal opportunities.
We reserve the right the close this vacancy early should be receive an overwhelming response.