Are you ready to join a successful, nurturing, high achieving primary school as a Learning Support Assistant?
Cuddington Croft Primary School is looking to appoint additional Learning Support Assistants to support our children with identified Special Educational Needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who are passionate about student welfare and have the ability to make a difference in the learning journey of children. Successful candidates will play an integral role in the behaviour, communication, social and emotional development of children and actively assist our Teachers and Inclusion Leader with supporting children within and outside the classroom.
You will be a valued member of our Inclusion Team - a team of dynamic and dedicated individuals, aspiring to improve the educational outcomes of children in their care.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at and welcome flexible working arrangements. This role can be structured as a job share arrangement, as full-time and/or part-time, based on individual needs and school day format.
About Cuddington Croft Primary School:
Cuddington Croft is a two-form entry primary school, located at Cheam, Surrey, with just under 500 children aged 3 - 11. Children at Cuddington Croft thrive in a caring and nurturing environment, are happy at school and enjoy learning. We promote lifelong learning through an enriched curriculum and are proud of our pupils’ exemplary behaviour and our SATs results. We are a learning community, where staff are of the highest calibre and parents are encouraged to be active in school life. As part of the GLF Academy with 40 schools across 5 regions, our staff have a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth.
What we are looking for:
You will be:
- Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child(ren) that you are supporting.
- Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with parents and outside agencies.
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
- Experienced in primary school environments.
- Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment.
Why work at Cuddington Croft Primary School:
- A warm, welcoming environment where the focus is on developing and nurturing a lifelong love of learning.
- An opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated, engaged and supportive leadership team.
- A friendly and approachable team of enthusiastic colleagues.
- Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community.
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours of work: Full-time or Part-time (to be discussed during the interview)
Salary: £17,900 - £21,000 FTE
Pay Scale: GLF Associate 2
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 9th March 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed after the shortlisting process
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.