Do you have a passion to support children to achieve their potential? Are you caring and compassionate; you may have experience of supporting children to learn, or you may be just beginning your journey?
Perhaps you are looking for a change in career and have the skills and expertise to help our children learn and develop. Whatever your experience level we will support the right candidates to grow and flourish within GLF.
If you are looking for a supportive and engaging working environment where you will be valued and developed, you will find all these things within the GLF Multi-Academy Trust family of schools.
Please use the supporting statement on your application to really sell yourself and demonstrate how your skills meet the person specification.
You only need to apply to one school to be considered for both.
You will have the chance to not only make a real difference to our children, but to also benefit from the support of a large Multi-Academy Trust. We offer training, development, qualifications & apprenticeship opportunities for all ages.
We consider each applicant on their own merit; make sure you tell us how your skills would make you a brilliant member of our team.
To support the teacher with their responsibility for the development and exceptional education of children in schools, including children with SEND. You will need the flexibility to be able to work in class as well as on a 1:1 basis.
About Cherry Fields School
Our brand new one form entry school opened its doors to reception and nursery children for the first time in September 2020 in Banbury; We are located on the Belway housing developments of Hanwell View and Cherry Fields, off Southam Road. Each year our school will grow until it is an all through primary school in 2026.
About William Morris School
We are immensely proud of our Outstanding rating given to us by OFSTED in September of 2018. At William Morris we are more than just a rating, we are a community of wonderful children, dedicated & talented staff and supportive parents. William Morris is a bright, busy, welcoming single form entry school where there is always lots going on.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have the skills to:
- Complement the work of the teaching staff in the classroom by contributing to a range of teaching and learning activities with children on a one to one or small group basis.
- Assist with planning, preparation and development of work programmes for individuals and small groups and prepare resources to support learning activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the children's progress and report on this to the class teacher.
- Develop a working knowledge of intervention programmes and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) or have an awareness already of what they are.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, social and personal development of children enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
- Deliver specified work and nurture interventions to children as determined by the SENDCo.
- Develop and use specialist skills, in for example, literacy, numeracy or science, to contribute to learning.
- Maintain confidentiality in and outside the workplace.
- Promote high standards of behaviour and a good working ethos.
- Develop effective working relationships within the school.
- Contribute to the wellbeing of children according to our policy.
- Participate in our cycle of professional development
Please refer to the full job description and person specification in the recruitment pack and use this to check your skills and education against.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Local Government Pension Scheme
School: Cherry Fields Primary School or William Morris Primary School
Start Date: Start dates of April or September possible. Please let us know your preference when you apply.
Salary: Actual Salary £13,902-£16,309 (£17,900-£21,000 FTE)
Hours: 32.5 hours/week, 39 weeks per year (term time +1 week) 8.20am-3.20pm daily
Job Expires: Fri 12th March 2021 5pm
Interviews: TBC w/c Monday 15th March. Due to current climate interviews will be conducted virtually
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.