The Priory Learning Trust is looking to recruit 2 Learning Support Assistants to work at Worle Community school- An Academy in Weston-super-Mare. This role will suit a candidate who has a passion for Supporting Children with additional needs. This is a very exciting opportunity to join our fantastic highly skilled SEND department.
These positions are 30 hours per week and term time only. These positions are fixed term position until 31st August 2022 subject to funding.
What you will do:
• Deliver classroom support for pupils, planned and supervised by teachers. (Individual and small groups – e.g. SEND and Inclusion)
• Undertake activities as directed by teaching staff using differentiated resource materials in order to meet the needs of individual students. Participate in some team planning and development of resources.
• Provide support to improve levels of inclusion and achievement for students with SEND through direct support for students.
• Candidate will have a qualification in Literacy and Numeracy equivalent to GCSE Grade A*-C or Level 2, on the national vocational framework.
• Some experience of working with children of Secondary age, ideally in a school context.
• Ability to work flexibly within a team and motivate students.
Benefits of working for The Priory Learning Trust:
• Employee Assistance Programme
• CPD opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• Highly competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• Discounted gym membership at our Academies
• Discounted Nursery fees at our Academy pre schools
• Pension Scheme
• Flu Jabs
• 2 week October half term for Teaching Staff and term time only staff
• Amazing career progression and opportunities
• Regular social events
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Cycle to work scheme
About The Priory Learning Trust:
TPLT grew from an intent to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, from all backgrounds.
At our heart is a passion to put ‘Students First’ and deliver exceptional education; beyond outstanding for every single child. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence, shared moral purpose and values combined with lots of fun and happiness. We believe that happy schools are also high-achieving, successful schools.
We strive for partnerships between students, families, staff and the wider community to create exceptional student outcomes. We also ‘cherish’ our staff. We believe they are amazing and are passionate to empower them through support, training, and career opportunities. With such brilliant people all aiming for the same goals, we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of their background.
TPLT is also a successful Teaching School Alliance. In 2016 it was awarded the prestigious National Teaching School status - a rare accolade after it fulfilled a wide range of criteria in training teachers and supporting other schools. To become a Teaching School Alliance (TSA), academies must be judged outstanding or good and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional teacher training and supporting other schools. This has been a great foundation on which to build for excellence. We know that this key focus on staff development will deliver exciting and effective learning to our children and young people.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
Worle Community School – An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.