LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS
2 x Positions - 1 Permanent and 1 Fixed Term
Band 1 Step 1 - Term time only
Required for immediate start
The Governors of this successful school, which has a very caring ethos, invite applications to work as a Learning Support Assistant.
We currently have two positions working one to one to support children with identified special educational needs: one fixed term position for 15 hours in the Early Years Foundation Stage with the possibility of becoming a permanent appointment and one permanent position for 32.5 hours in Key Stage 1.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience of working with pupils, with special educational needs. However, we are willing to provide training for the right candidates so we are looking for enthusiastic people who are open to participating in appropriate professional development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be:
- committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of the school
- reliable, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- an effective communicator with a positive attitude and high standards of numeracy and literacy
- enthusiastic about working and playing with children
The school offers the opportunity to:
- work in close partnership with a dedicated and supportive staff and Governing body
- develop your career in a beautiful school with excellent facilities and positive links with parents and the vibrant local community
‘St Vincent’s is an outstandingly effective school…The school is an extremely caring, cohesive community in which pupils are known very well as individuals.’ (Ofsted October 2010)
Closing date: Friday 1st October 2021 at midday
Interviews: Monday 11th October 2021
We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau).
St Vincent's Catholic Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.