An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Meadow Primary School in Epsom. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, talented and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly, multi-cultural and well-resourced school to start as soon as possible. This is an excellent opportunity to join our supportive school community and to make a real difference to children's learning. Do you have a commitment to raising standards, an adaptable approach to work and are you looking for an exciting new challenge? If so, you are just the person for us.
This post has arisen due to an increased need for SEND support. There will be the opportunity to work on a 1:1 basis with a child. This role will provide a truly satisfying and varied career for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will have strong commitment to inclusive education and will be capable of working independently but will also be able to demonstrate that they can work effectively as part of a team. They should also be able to demonstrate that they can engage pupils in lesson times and unstructured times
The successful candidate will have:
- a commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare and safety
- excellent verbal and written communication skills - supported by good qualifications in both Maths and English
- strong IT skills
- a positive, can-do attitude towards all aspects of your work
- demonstrated an ability to manage pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
- the ability to work well in a team
- patience and a sense of humour
In return we can offer:
- a friendly and supportive working environment, including access to a comprehensive employee assistance scheme
- a commitment to provide opportunities for your professional development
- pension Scheme.
- employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
Please visit our website to learn more about our school. Further details and application packs can be downloaded through E-teach or please contact the school office as above. The school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2018 and was judged as a ‘good’ school and exceptional pupil behaviour was noted.
Meadow Primary School is part of Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) - a regional multi-academy trust. BET is a fast moving and exciting place to work with every school within our Trust free to shape their individual character. Brilliant teachers, support staff and leaders share a commitment to providing a first-class education to the children within their schools and as a Trust we strive to ensure that our provision enables every child to fulfil their potential.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options with interested candidates.
Hours: Up to 15 hours per week over 37 weeks per year (plus 10 hours INSET). The applicant will be flexible regarding hours worked
Pay scale: PS3 ( £18,013 - £18,957 ) Pro-rata ((£6,125 for 15 hours)
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 7th July 2022. Interviews: Week commencing Monday 11th July 2022.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
We regret that we are unable to accept or consider CVs. Applications must be submitted on the application form.
In a bid to reduce costs, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted. Visits to school are warmly welcomed - please contact the school office to arrange. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure check by the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Meadow Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.