We have an exciting opportunity for a new role in our growing school. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HLTA to plan and lead catch-up tutoring and interventions across the school to individuals and groups. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care.
We would like the appointment to start as soon as possible. This is a term time position working for either 32.5 hours per week or 26 hours per week across our core school hours of 08:30 - 15:30. We can offer flexibility with how these hours are worked, either over four or five days each week. The role is a fixed term contract for one year until 31st December 2021.
About Floreat Montague Park:
Floreat Montague Park Primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2016. The School is developing fast and the following 6 areas are valued:
- Personal Development
With inspiring outdoor learning spaces, the latest technology in classrooms and an engaged, active community this is an exciting time to join our school.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified HLTA or an aspiring HLTA working within the HLTA standards.
- A colleague with experience in supporting children with intervention work.
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children.
- A professional with the ability to contribute to planning, and then deliver high quality interventions which inspire and challenge.
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness.
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school.
- A member of the team who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents.
Why work at Floreat Montague Park:
- You will be part of a progressive group of professionals intent on building a successful new school.
- You will be part of Floreat Montague Park at the beginning - we are only up to Year 4 at present.
- You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community.
- You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development.
- The GLF Teaching School Alliance delivers the HLTA training and this may be available for a person working within HLTA standards wishing to secure the formal HLTA qualification.
- As the school continues to grow we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat.
- As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
Location: Floreat Montague Park Primary School, William Heelas Way, Wokingham, RG40 1BG.
Closing Date: 8th January 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: GLF Specialist Range £22,500 FTE Actual salary: £17,475 / £13,980
Contract Term: Fixed Term (until 31st December 2021)
Hours: 32.5 or 26 hours per week
Visits: Want to find out more? Further information about the role is available on request.
Preliminary calls with the Headteacher are welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett, via the school office to arrange a telephone call.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and the vacancy closed if an appointment is made.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.