15 Hours per week (mornings) – Term Time
Temporary for up to 2 terms
As a result of Welsh Government funding, the Governing Body of Plasnewydd Primary School wish to appoint a confident, enthusiastic and conscientious Learning Support Officer (part time) to join our motivated and friendly teaching team.
The successful applicant will play a key role in teaching and learning across the primary phase. They should also be:
• an outstanding practitioner with recent and relevant experience of working with children in a primary school environment;
• be able to work in close partnership with teaching and support staff;
• be able to support and develop pupil’s literacy and numeracy skills;
• have excellent organisational and communication skills including the ability to multi- task, perform under pressure and be able to use their own initiative;
• be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Plasnewydd Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.