CONNAH’S QUAY HIGH SCHOOL
Learning Support Worker
post dependent upon learner’s placement
Term Time Only
25 hours per week
Grade 1 Points 1 - 4
£17,842 - £18,933 FTE
Connah’s Quay High School is:
• Focused on high achievement and individual care;
• Ambitious to be at the forefront of effective learning and teaching;
• Committed to the Successful Futures agenda.
Connah’s Quay High School is looking to appoint a Learning Support Worker. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in our Additional Needs Department. The ALN Department is a vibrant department in the school that provides in-class and group support to learners with a wide variety of needs.
The appointed LSW will be able to work both independently and as a member of the extended ALN team. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff, and this is reflected in
our daily practice and staff policy.
The closing date for applications is Noon, Friday, 11th December 2020.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children. In this light, we would like to draw the following matters to your attention:
1. All appointments are made subject to:
a. An enhanced CRB disclosure;
b. Checks of professional status (GTCW; QTS etc.);
c. Confirmation of professional qualifications;
d. Receipt of strong references (if not received by the time of interview); and
e. Medical clearance
2. We only accept applications completed on the Flintshire application form with a covering letter. Please do not send CVs or open testimonials. More detail about the content of applications is provided in the application pack.
3. Please ensure that application form is completed in full. In particular, you must ensure that a full work history is provided and that any gaps in your employment are fully explained.
4. The referees cited in your application form must include your employer from the last occasion in which you worked with children. If your last employment was in a school, we would expect a reference from the Headteacher and/or Deputy/Assistant Headteacher.
5. When seeking references, we will request information about your suitability to work with children.
6. If you are shortlisted, any anomalies in your application will be discussed with you at interview.
We encourage you to pay close attention to these matters so that your application is not excluded unnecessarily.