Salary: GBP 28,000 – GBP 35,000
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Location: College Green, Bristol
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Applied Forensic/chemistry specialist to work with the team in delivery of level two and three BTEC programmes for the 16-19 provision. This position is full time, will be based at the College Green Centre in the City and will provide the right candidate with opportunity for a permanent position.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Your role will involve providing:
• Learners with an enriched learning experience in their programme of study with the aim in supporting achievement and success, enabling them to achieve their aspirations.
• To deliver teaching relevant to Forensic Science and chemistry and cover unit content such as Forensic investigations and analytical chemistry and other unit content relevant to Applied Science NQF qualification.
• To work as a team to develop the new NQF framework for delivery
• To work collaboratively in supporting students to obtain work placements in the science industry and embed employability into the curriculum.
• To plan, assess and monitor individual groups of learners throughout their programme of study
• To develop value added to the learner’s aspirations and target grades.
• To plan effective lessons which meets the needs of a variety of learners from varied backgrounds and ability.
• Participate in course team meetings, management meetings and staff development activities
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young persons and other vulnerable people for whom you are responsible and whom you come into contact with.
• To participate in all internal and external quality assurance processes in line with the quality cycle.
• Flexible working arrangements where you may be required to work evenings and weekends.
• Assess high risk learners and plan support to enable them to complete their studies effectively.
You will be able to offer experience of teaching applied/ medical Science and be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48%
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages.
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found attached.
Closing date: Monday 13 April 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: TBC
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.