Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 (pro rota for part time roles)
Contract: 0.38FTE = 9 hours a week - Permanent
Location: College Green, Bristol City Centre
Lecturer - Chemistry
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive A Level Lecturer - Chemistry. This position is part time – permanent and will be based at the College Green Centre in the City centre.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve:
- The ability to implement and deliver a relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
- The ability to be innovative and flexible in their approach
- The ability to contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- Be student focused and be able to facilitate learning experiences which provide students with opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Have a familiarity with hybrid/blended learning models and techniques
We are looking for someone with experience of teaching A level Chemistry and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days pro rata (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please refer to our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 5 May 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 14 May 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.