There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Counselling Lecturer to join the Health, Education and Care department on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Programme Manager for Early Years and Counselling, the successful candidate, will be required to teach across a variety of Counselling programmes, however, will specialise in the delivery of HE, working in partnership with the University of Plymouth. As the post requires teaching at degree level, it is essential that the successful candidate has already achieved a post graduate degree in Counselling or a closely related field. The ideal candidate will be able to evidence extensive and credible teaching experience at a higher level, and will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of HE regulations and protocols.
We currently have two full time roles available, although we welcome part time applications as we would consider a job share. Although the roles are very similar, the job descriptions are slightly different.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021 (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 6th July 2021
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.