Full time, permanent post.
As a leading FE college and one of the largest providers of post 16 Education, East Sussex College Group is currently looking to recruit an outstanding H&SC / Childcare Lecturer.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess H&SC/ Childcare industry experience, qualifications, and occupational competence up to Level 3 (up to level 5 desirable).
- Have a recognised teaching qualification with a least 5 years’ experience in a HE or FE environment.
- Hold a TAQA Assessors qualification or equivalent i.e. A1/D32/D33.
- Hold a TAQA IQA qualification or equivalent (desirable) i.e. V1
- Have recent experience of delivering English, Maths, and ICT Functional Skills up to Level 2.
- Be willing to travel both local and out of area.
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Possess excellent IT skills and the ability to quickly learn new systems and e-portfolio platforms.
- Be able to teach and assess across a range of H&SC programmes including T Levels.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employers and learners that promotes the timely achievement of learner’s qualifications and programmes within the agreed timescale.
- Provide appropriate information, advice, teaching, learning and assessment relevant to the individual.
- Work closely with employers, managers, and curriculum staff where applicable to ensure timely completion and achievement of students’ qualifications.
- Compliance with ESFA and other authorities with respect to the accurate and full completion of learner start, review and completion paperwork and any policies and procedures associated with teaching, learning and assessment.
- Management of own continual professional development to ensure currency with the area of occupation.
- Plan, manage & organise a caseload of learners.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Closing date: 3rd December 2020 with interviews planned for 8th December 2020.
East Sussex College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.