Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 pro rata
Contract: Nil Hours
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy (SBSA)
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced trainer to deliver our Managing Safely IOSH courses at our South Bristol Skills Academy.
The role will involve providing:
• Being IOSH qualified and registered to deliver this qualification.
• Use high quality learning resources that could be individualised to meet the needs of our learners.
• Highly structured intervention to targeted learners and to ensure that interventions are effective by producing evidence-based progress.
• Where required, assess students for Exam and access arrangements.
• Collaborative work with college staff and the Awarding Body to ensure the best provision for students is in place.
• Possess strong IT skills along with excellent communication skills are a must as is the ability to work effectively within a team.
• You should also have a natural desire to work to high standards and achieve learners in a timely manner and confident in working in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found attached.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Monday 26 October 2020 (Midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 3 November 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.