Horizons College is an independent SEN provision for young people aged 16 plus and it is based over two campuses. We are looking for an SEN Teacher/ Lecturer to join the team to teach one of our Multisensory and skills for independence groups.
If you have experience in teaching Profound Multiple Learning disability learners this would be very desirable although specialist training would be available.
We are one of the largest Specialist provisions in the area with more than 65 learners studying with us on a wide range of living skills and vocational courses. Our mission is to empower young people with the skills they need to be able to shape their future and be independent.
We are looking to recruit you to our team if you are patient, skilled, flexible and above all prepared and able to put the learners at the heart of all their best efforts and can develop good relationships with all students, parents, the college and Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
Experience working with SEN Children and Young People is advantageous.
Salary: Lecturer Scale UCU 23 - 33
Contract: Permanent, fulltime
We are looking for a qualified SEN Teacher/Lecturer to work with small groups of learners in core subjects and to lead one of our multisensory and skills for independence groups. You will be part of an excellent multidisciplinary Team led by a very experienced and supportive Course Leaders and managers.
Every learner has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy.
With a commitment towards achieving excellence, our drive to secure the very best for all of our learners and strong team-working, you will be working in a specialist learning environment – come along for a visit to see for yourself.
Horizons College is part of Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust. Being part of a cluster of academies, means a host of professional development opportunities that means you will be ably supported in your own professional development and ambitions.
You will be required to teach an appropriate range of courses to a range of learners. You will also be required to deliver the curriculum effectively through a variety of different learning strategies, communicating effectively with learners as appropriate and provide learners with appropriate tutorial support in accordance with the programme and individual requirements. You should be an honours graduate, or have a relevant final professional qualification (or equivalent experience). You should also have experience of teaching or training within the specialism of SEND.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivator who has the ability to manage and develop high quality learning activities and improve standards of teaching and learning
If you are:
• A good / outstanding special needs teacher/lecturer
• Energetic, enthusiastic and hard working
• Experienced in and passionate about working with learners with special needs and autism
• Conscientious and innovative
• Able to use your knowledge and skills to provide the best possible education for learners
• Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Confident in dealing with learners who may sometimes display challenging behaviours
Then you are the person we are looking for!
We offer you:
• Teachers Pension Scheme
• Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development with opportunities for you to develop professionally.
• PGCE on a Specialist area
• Early Leadership Programme
• Post Graduate sponsorship
• Additional PPA time for visits and projects Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues
• A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work and learn in, with and from including partner schools across the Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust
• A developed and extending multi-agency network including regular support and liaison from Educational Psychology and Therapists, Termly Staff Wellbeing supervisions.
Horizons College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references from previous employers and a DBS check at an Enhanced level, including the Barred lists.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
Interview Date: 4th July 2019
Horizons College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.