Horizons College is an independent SEN provision for young people aged 16 plus and it is based over two campuses. We are looking for a Vocational Teacher/ Lecturer to join the team to teach any of the following Music therapy, Retail /customer services, Horticulture/small animal care.
We are one of the largest Specialist provisions in the area with more than 65 learners studying with us on a wide range of living skills and vocational courses. Our mission is to empower young people with the skills they need to be able to shape their future and be independent.
We are looking to recruit you to our team if you are patient, skilled, flexible and above all prepared and able to put the learners at the heart of all their best efforts and can develop good relationships with all learners, parents, the college and Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
Experience working with SEN Children and Young People is advantageous.
Salary: Lecturer Scale UCU 23 - 33
Contract: Permanent, 0.5
The college provides further educational opportunities to post 19 learners that have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties or autism. The college is split into 3 pathways; Vocational, Life Skills and Multisensory. Vocational Choice is a two year course designed for young people who have made the decision that they wish to pursue employment on leaving education. They have demonstrated that this is a realistic option for them and are ready to develop the level of independence which will be needed.
Due to our rapid and continued expansion we are looking to appoint a creative, enthusiastic Teacher/Lecturer to work on the vocational pathway. As well as having a good sense of humour, you will have experience of working with learners that have severe learning difficulties, be well organised, calm, patient and passionate about teaching learners with special educational needs. We believe that all of our learners are capable of making outstanding progress and we want to appoint individuals who share our belief and have the desire and motivation to make this happen.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details of the role.
If you believe you have what it takes and would like to join our friendly and supportive team, please complete and email the application form. Please ensure that you explain clearly in your application how you meet the person specification.
If you are:
• A good / outstanding special needs teacher with QTS
• Energetic, enthusiastic and hard working
• Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
• Conscientious and innovative
• Able to use your knowledge and skills to provide the best possible education for learners
• Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Confident in dealing with learners who may sometimes display challenging behaviours
Then you are the person we are looking for!
We offer you:
• Teachers Pension Scheme
• Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development with opportunities for you to develop professionally.
• PGCE on a Specialist area
• Early Leadership Programme
• Post Graduate sponsorship
• Additional PPA time for visits and projects Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues
• A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work and learn in, with and from including partner schools across the Brunel SEN Multi Academy Trust
• A developed and extending multi-agency network including regular support and liaison from Educational Psychology and Therapists, Termly Staff Wellbeing supervisions.
Horizons College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references from previous employers and a DBS check at an Enhanced level, including the Barred lists.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
Interview Date: 3rd July 2019
Horizons College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.