Lecturer in Agriculture (Further Education)
£21,743 - £37,627 per annum
37 hours per week
Temporary Contract (Maternity Cover)
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
• You will be expected to deliver exceptional teaching which will assist students to achieve excellent results within an exam-based qualification
• You will be able to inspire students to appreciate and enjoy all aspects of agriculture, instilling in them a passion for the subject and a desire to develop their understanding
• You will also deliver BTEC units at level 2 & 3, as well as being a course tutor for a group of students
• A specialist in the area of Livestock Production
• Hold a teaching qualification or have a willingness to complete one
• Possess a degree or equivalent in relevant subject area
• Be a strong team player, have excellent administration skills and demonstrate a willingness to engage with external partners and industry
• Be a highly motivated lecturer with experience of providing tutorial support to students being advantageous
What we Offer
• Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
• Teachers’ pension
• Employee Discounts Scheme
• Support for continuous professional development
• 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
• Onsite fitness facilities
• Free entry to Hartpury events and discounted tickets Hartpury RFC matches
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Visit our website to see full details and to apply online.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 20th June 2021
Interviews will be held on Monday 28th June 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.