Lecturer in Animal Care
Based at the St Albans Campus
£25,433 - £30,363 per annum
Have you thought about a career within teaching? Oaklands College are looking for industry-experienced candidates who want share and pass on their passion with our students! Oaklands offer full teacher training, so if you’re looking for a career change this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to move into an industry you are passionate about!
We are looking for an inspiring and dedicated Animal Management Lecturer to continue the excellent work for which the Animal and Landbased Industries department have become so well renowned.
The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills and the ability to teach across all Animal Management specialisms from BTec Level 1 to Level 4, delivering on a range of units including Biology, Accommodation, Exotic Health, Zoo and Nutrition.
Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although full teacher training will be provided. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
Oaklands College is proud of the exceptional reputation of the Animal Care Department and boasts of a highly motivated team. The right person for this role will have an engaging approach to teaching and a real passion for animals.
The college offers a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment to results day. In addition to this, we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification, for an informal chat or if you want to visit prior to apply please contact the Recruitment Team.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd February
Interview Date: W/C 24th February
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.