Lecturer in Business
18.5 hours x 52 weeks
Salary Information for Lecturing Staff
Unqualified Range scale points 15-21 (£10,000 - £11,877)
Qualified Range scale points 23-31 (£12,600- £15,943)
Are you an experienced Business Lecturer who has a passion for what they do?
Can you engage with others, inspiring them to achieve great results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Can you be the spark that ignites someone’s future career?
Do you want to start a career with an organisation that cares about their people and wants to make a real difference?
If so, then this role could be the perfect opportunity for you to become an inspirational lecturer and to start your career as Business Lecturer for The Sheffield College.
The Sheffield College
The Business Academy at the Sheffield College offers an extensive suite of study programmes, adult programmes, Higher Education HNC/HNDs and Top ups.
We take pride in investing in our people and being led by our values. If this opportunity excites you and you fit the bill we look forward to hearing from you.
Have you ever thought about using your skills and experience to benefit others as a Business Lecturer? At The Sheffield College we are passionate about all our delivery and are proud that our Business Department has experienced significant growth in all areas of their provision.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone currently working within education or industry to join our team as a Business Lecturer at The Sheffield College.
You will be joining an excellent, dedicated and self-motivated Business team, as well as providing additional knowledge and experience for the future development of a successful department.
• Deliver quality teaching and learning
• Participate in departmental and cross college events
• Support all students to achieve their goals
• Support the team and head of academy to ensure the continued success and growth of the area
Skills and Qualifications
• Business Qualification (Relevant Degree and/or relevant professional qualification)
• Teaching Qualification (PGCE, Cert-Ed)
• Experience of successfully teaching BTEC Business at Levels 1-4
• Experience of delivering a wide range of Business topics to BTEC learners
• 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days annual leave plus 5 discretionary days)
• Auto enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Free car parking
• Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Shortlisting Date:Tuesday 21st July 2020
Closing Date:Sunday 19th July 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 30th July 2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to ‘transform your life through learning’.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
The Sheffield College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.