Lecturer in Dental Nursing (0.80 FTE)
29.60 hours x 52 weeks
Salary Information for Lecturing Staff
Unqualified Range scale points 15-21 (£15,724 - £18,676)
Qualified Range scale points 23-31 (£19,813 - £25,069)
The Sheffield College
Introduction – Summary
The Sheffield College is looking to recruit an exceptional individual to the role of Lecturer in Dental Nursing. This is an exciting opportunity for an established Dental Nurse, Therapist or Hygienist to move into the education sector or for an existing lecturer to take on a new challenge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship whilst delivering the college based elements of the Level 3 Diploma in Dental nursing. You will work with a strong team of assessors and IQAs to ensure the timely completion of the Apprenticeship Standard, whilst ensuring the highest quality standards.
A Good understanding of the awarding bodies and standards for education to incorporate the protection of patients/quality evaluation review and feedback/equality and diversity and safeguarding would be advantageous.
Applicants need to be occupationally competent with a strong knowledge of all aspects of Dentistry, Core skills delivery features heavily and is a priority in the first 4 x months of the programme and includes H&S Infection Control roles and responsibilities and patient care.
Applicants must also be able to maintain their GDC registration whilst in the Dental Nursing Lecturer role.
• Development of good working relationships with employers in dental practice's.
• Preparing learners for their externally assessed exams, as well as their End Point Assessment for the Dental Nurse Apprenticeship standard.
• As the course leader, you will liaise with the learner recruitment team to enrol learners onto the programme and be responsible for the administration of the Apprentices on the course.
• Take part in regular course meetings with the assessors and IQA to ensure learners are making progress on the course.
• Ensure the timely completion of an Apprentices Apprenticeship programme and the claiming of certificates
Skills and Qualifications
Hold at least 2 x post qualifications eg Teaching certificate/Radiography qualification /Oral Health qualification
Qualified Teacher Status or willingness to work towards (E)
Degree level qualification in relevant vocational area (E)
GDC Registered Dental Nurse, Therapist or Hygienist (E)
Qualified Assessor (D)
• 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days leave + 5 discretionary days) pro-rata for part-time staff
• Auto enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme
• Free car parking
• Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Closing Date: 10 November 2019
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to ‘transform your life through learning’.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.
The Sheffield College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.