Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Digital & Computing to join their team. Working on a full-time basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,844 to £34,515 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is education and transformation through skills and knowledge. We are proud to demonstrate high student achievement and our apprenticeship training ranks extremely highly - we are in the top 11 % of general FE colleges and top 6.5% overall including other providers for apprenticeship delivery.
About the role:
The purpose of the Lecturer in Digital & Computing post is to deliver high quality and effective teaching and learning in
Computing to both FE and HE students at Bournemouth and Poole College. You will work primarily delivering units on validated HNC in Computing (Levels 4 and 5), Access to HE and BTEC units at Level 3. You may also act as personal tutor to students.
Responsibilities as our Digital and Computing Lecturer will include:
• Programme leader for Access to HE course
• Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives; determining, designing and producing study material; planning course/study programme delivery
• Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods
• Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice
• Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures
• Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment
• Manage student issues within agreed protocols
• Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager
• Participate in the College's appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
• Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
• Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College's activities
As our Digital and Computing Lecturer, you’ll ideally have:
• Experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting, for example school
• Some experience of delivering computing including Proficiency in programming - Java, Python, C, C++ and any other language
• Working knowledge of Computing, Networking, Cyber Security and Software testing
• Have working knowledge of Databases and Database design principles up to and including Level 5
• Working with children or young people in an educational setting
• Graduate in relevant subject area
• Teaching Qualification
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
• 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
• Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
• Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Digital and Computing Lecturer, role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 5th October 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.