Lecturer in Employability Skills
29.5 hours per week / Part Time 4 days per week, Monday Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays
Starting salary £20,346 per annum – salary pro rata from £25,433. Salary progression achievable after passed probation
Fixed Term contract until 30th July 2021
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
The L.I.F.E (Learning for Independence & Future Employment) provision have an opportunity to recruit an enthusiastic Lecturer in Employability Skills.
We are recruiting a Lecturer who can inspire and motivate our learners undertaking full time programmes within the L.I.F.E provision, in particular Employability Skills, working with students with and SEMH (Social, emotional and Mental Health) needs. The programmes are for learners aged between 16 – 24 years of age who need additional support and guidance during further education, before moving on to a mainstream provision or employment. Students undertake recognised qualifications, where appropriate, alongside sessions designed to enhance life and employability skills. You will be required to teach all aspects of the learning programmes including Math’s, English and personal development as well as a variety of practical subjects.
You will need to have experience of working with young adults with Autism and SEMH (Social, emotional and Mental Health) and hold a recognised Teaching Qualification with experience of teaching Level 1 and above learners.
Although this is a part time position, we also have support vacancies within our provision as a Student Support Assistant, the successful applicant could also consider working as a Student Support Assistant on a Thursday.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th October - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Due to COVID-19, Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided details of the interview.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.