Lecturer in English GCSE and Functional Skills
Full time, part time or sessional hours
(market supplement available up to £35k dependant on skills & experience)
Sessional £27.35 per hour
Are you a great teacher of English? Can you inspire our students to improve their ability to read, write and speak? Can you work with our students to develop the skills they need to be successful on their vocational programmes and give them the best chance of securing a job or a course in Higher Education?
If you can then perhaps you want to work with a team who love their subject, are committed to putting students first, share their ideas and are always looking for ways to improve their teaching and bring English to life in the classroom.
If this describes you then you will be interested to know that we are looking for qualified people just like you to join us. Of course you will be dynamic, you will have experience of working with young people to improve their English skills particularly at Functional Skills and GCSE level and you will put students at the heart of everything you do.
If you are part of the English team at Nescot, you will:
• Teach great lessons that enthuse students and motivate them to achieve
• Be confident in the use of Google Classroom and other educational software
• Understand how well your students are performing and act to help them improve through target setting, review and intervention
• Contribute to the further improvement of teaching and learning in English with colleagues in the department
• Contribute and deliver the assessment plan and practice of the department
• Work closely with teachers, support staff and managers from across the College to help students to improve their English and literacy skills
• Teach GCSE English Language to 16 – 18 year old students
• Teach Functional Skills English to 16-18 year old students
• Be able to teach GCSE and Functional Skills English to adult students including those on apprenticeship frameworks
Closing Date for applications will be Tuesday 19th January 2021
Interviews will be held on Friday 22nd January 2021
Nescot is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and enhanced DBS clearance.