City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. Our GCSE English results are consistently above National Rates.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent Hourly Paid Lecturer who is qualified and available to:
* Deliver classroom teaching for adult ESOL and ESOL 16-18 learners on a range of courses from Entry level to Level 1 in ESOL.
* Carry out related duties, which include marking and preparation, curriculum development, course administration, individual tutorials and tracking of learner progress.
* Address the particular and diverse needs among ESOL learners in Further Education and living in London.
* Teach both day and evening sessions at any of the College's five main Centres.
* Possession of appropriate minimum Level 7 ESOL subject specific teaching qualification e.g. DTELLS, PGCE ESOL
* Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
* Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of both school leavers and adults returning to education and for being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
* Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.
CLOSING DATE: 1st December 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: 9th December 2019
Strictly no agencies
City and Islington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.