Lecturer in Hair, Beauty and Media Make up
Full Time 37 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract up to 1 year
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
£25,433 - £30,363 per annum – salary dependent on experience
Do you want the opportunity to work in a thriving College environment for an exciting, innovative department?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed, professional individual to work with our students. As a lecturer in the Hair and Beauty department, you will teach as part of a high performing team to deliver Beauty courses. Applicants must hold a minimum of a Level 3 in Theatrical Media Make Up. Thorough knowledge and experience of the industry is essential together with a hairdressing qualification or experience. You may also be required to teach on English and/or Maths Functional skills courses and act as a personal tutor.
Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although full teacher training will be provided. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your expertise in Beauty and are seeking to deliver exciting and creative lessons with outstanding outcomes then apply now!
We are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to deliver high standards of teaching and to play a major part in the future of Oaklands College.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th March
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th March
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.