Lecturer in Health & Social Care
Job Reference: FEB20211457
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,138 - £34,257 Per Annum
Closing Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach Health & Social Care.
You will be and inspiring and dynamic lecturer with the ability to teach across our provision, including Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care/Health Studies and HNC for Health Care Practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver a proportion of remote teaching, learning and assessment (as well as on site delivery) via appropriate platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom (or equivalent).
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Has recent experience in health care sector
- Has an appropriate teaching qualification, support given with this if required
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience (particularly BTEC Health & Social Care at Levels 2 & 3) within the FE sector
- Is an effective communicator and has good organisational skills.
What’s in it for you?
- The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Health & Social Care, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 7th March 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.