London South East Colleges is a successful and innovative College operating with sites across Bromley, Bexley, Orpington and Greenwich. With nearly 14,000 students and 1,000 members of staff, the College is a major employer in the area and makes a significant impact on the lives and future prospects of its learners who travel from across London to study with us. The College is also the sponsor of London South East Academies Trust, a growing Multi Academy which is rapidly developing a track record of academic and financial success. With a combined turnover of circa £65m and the ambitious growth plans of the group, there has never been a better time to join this exciting organisation.
We are looking for an experienced Catering Lecturer with a specialism in Professional Cookery and Patisserie at Levels 2-3. Ideally, you would have taught these courses previously or you need to have work experience in these areas as well as sound practice in FE or similar. You will contribute effectively to the successful learning experiences of students in the College through effective teaching that meets or exceeds College standards and results in high levels of student retention and achievement. Course management as required.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- To be qualified or working towards a teaching qualification, have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy and a good standard of education.
- Knowledge and understanding of the City and Guilds Professional Cookery suite of qualifications including Advanced Cookery level 3 and Patisserie Level 2.
- Experience of managing and motivating learners and rganisational skills in programme and planning delivery.
- Demonstrate high quality teaching, to articulate clearly and to be understood in teaching and making presentations to class groups.
- Be a team player and have efficient administration skills to support good student record keeping.
- You will have a flexible and adaptable approach to work as well as the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Good knowledge of IT systems including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
Please see job specification for further details.
*Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview before the closing date*.
As the College supports a number of children and vulnerable adults, all staff are exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Accordingly, all staff will be subject to an ‘Enhanced’ DBS (formerly CRB) check, along with a Children’s Barred List check if in regulated activity. Any offers of appointment may be withdrawn if these checks prove to be unsatisfactory to the College. Self-disclosure will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you fail to make a full disclosure or provide sight of your DBS certificate then your offer of employment is likely to be withdrawn. The College's DBS policy covers the recruitment of ex-offenders which is available upon request.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Please apply asap. Previous applicants need not apply.
London South East Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.