Full Time 37 hours per week
Provisional start date mid August 2020
Oaklands College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum and we are looking to recruit a Lecturer within our ICT team.
Salary banding £25,433 - £30,363 per annum – Depending on Experience, top end salary achievable after 2 years of employment – Teacher Training offered
The successful candidate will ideally have completed a Degree in Computing, and have a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience in the subject area. Where a candidate does not hold a recognised degree they must have at least 5 years’ relevant industrial experience and it would be an advantage to hold professional qualifications from Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
This is a full-time, permanent role and will involve teaching on a range of programmes from Level 2 to Level 3, covering units such as Databases, Programming, Networking, Cyber-Security, IT Systems Support (PC Maintenance) and Software Development. The teaching post will include pastoral care support sessions, and the successful candidate may also be called upon to teach Maths and English Functional Skills.
Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although full teacher training will be provided. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
We are committed to the success of our students and aim to provide the best possible learning environment and student experience. The successful candidate for this role will have a solutions focused approach and a can do attitude.
Having your own transport will be an advantage, as the classes will take place across both the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City campuses.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th July
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams, shortlisted candidates will be provided with details of the interview after the closing date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.