The successful candidate will have a Level 3 Motor Vehicle qualification, and 3 years relevant industry experience in the subject. If you are looking to achieve a teaching qualification then now is the right time to apply, as part of your professional development, the College will provide full teacher training, you will also be put forward for the Level 3 Teaching Qualification.
Teaching across Entry, level 1 and level 2 City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Courses.
The successful applicant should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, and working with young people. An assessor qualification is desirable but not essential. You will have a genuine regard for young people and want to work with us to ensure that all our students aspire to do well. You will demonstrate and professional standards in your area of work. The ability to work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and working collaboratively with colleagues are qualities that we will be looking for.
The college is a friendly environment, which offers excellent support, placing strong emphasis on continuous professional development.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Oaklands College is a progressive, student-centred College supporting the vibrant community at through a broad, relevant and innovative portfolio of education and training.
Oaklands is a Further Education College based in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City – both campuses are well connected to public transport and motorways.
St Albans Campus is home to award winning facilities set within acres of wide open countryside. Discovery Centre and Sports Zone secured recognition from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a body that aims to recognise buildings that set the standard for great architecture in the UK.
At Welwyn Garden City, our Learning Resource Centre provides students with a modern, spacious environment, ideal for research and studying. We have a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre housing the very latest cyber technology and bespoke science laboratories giving our students the best possible start for a career in the STEM sector.
Culturally, we have regular feedback sessions for employees called Staff Voice that are held with the Principal and key Senior Managers and offers the opportunity for employees to discuss day to day issues around the college and provides them with insights into future plans for the college.
We hold an Investors in People Award and pride ourselves on our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our college community offers opportunities to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.