Lecturer in Music
Salary: £26,508 - £37,833 FTE
Actual Salary: £10,746 - £15,337 pa
Hours: 15 hours per week
Contract Details: Permanent
Start Date: 16th August 2021
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an exceptional creative individual to engage, connect, and inspire our students as a Lecturer in Music. We offer GCSE’s and A Levels qualifications. In this role you will have a successful delivery and assessment of GCSE and A Level Music and have significant industry experience. Our facilities are well equipped and include high quality projectors with a recording studio and practice rooms.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• To teach designated classes or individual learners with regard to the requirements of the relevant teaching and learning programme.
• To keep registers and learner records as may be required in the preparation of statistics for external and internal use.
• To promote in learners recognition of the significance of Music and a positive attitude to working in this sector.
• To develop materials and activities for Music related courses that will allow the learner to enhance and apply knowledge and develop understanding.
Qualifications and experience required:
• A degree in Music or related subject and/or significant current industry experience.
• Hold a full Level 5 teaching qualification (or be on a teaching programme) or have the commitment to gain.
• Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Maths (or Literacy and Numeracy) or commit to gain.
• Minimum of Level 2 qualification in ICT or be prepared to undertake when commencing work at New College.
• An in depth knowledge of the subject specialism to teach on GCSE or A Level qualifications.
• An in depth knowledge of the practical mastery of current technological programmes, software and recording techniques.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 29th June 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.