Lecturer in Plumbing
Up to £34,000 per annum + £3,000 specialist STEM Industry Experience Payment
Full Time, Permanent
Could you inspire our students with your knowledge of the plumbing trade? We are looking for a lecturer who can write and delivering engaging schemes of work that engages students across all walks of life and abilities, and gets them actively involved in learning both practically and theoretically. Experience of delivering practical sessions in these skills is essential for this role.
About Swindon College:
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. Our approach puts the learner first through delivering differentiated teaching, encouraging a growth mind-set, and by supporting our students to overcome obstacles to achieve success.
There will be career opportunities with us as we grow. The College has just secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding. In partnership with the University of Gloucestershire (and other local anchor partners) we are committed to delivering a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies, and creative media.
About this role:
This is an exciting teaching post, delivering our plumbing courses within the growing construction faculty. You’ll help inspire and develop our students to become excellent professionals, covering areas such as central heating systems, hot and cold water systems, common plumbing processes and sanitation. You’ll draw upon your experience of working in the commercial sector to teach our students all they need to know. This is certainly a varied role, where you’ll lead on workshops, carry out classroom teaching and conduct one-to-one tutorials.
In this role you’ll:
- Share your industry knowledge with our learners
- Design new resource materials for our students
- each, produce schemes of work, and lead on moderation
- Access to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- 47 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
- Training and development support in your role
- Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes and dental plan.
- On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks
How to Apply:
If you are unable to apply on line or require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01793 491591.
Closing date: 31st July 2019
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment. This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Level 5 Teaching qualification (or a commitment to gaining. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if you can strongly demonstrate the required competencies.
- Level 3 qualification in plumbing or equivalent
- ACS Gas Certification (desirable, not essential )
- Level 2 English and maths (or equivalent) or the commitment to gain within 24 months
- Substantial knowledge of both plumbing and gas systems
- Industry based delivery experience