£28,433 - £33,363 per annum includes a market supplement. Salary banding is dependent upon experience, qualifications and suitability
Have you thought about a career within teaching? Oaklands College are looking for industry-experienced candidates who want share and pass on their passion with our students! Oaklands offer full teacher training, so if you’re looking for a career change this could be a fantastic opportunity for you to move into an industry you are passionate about!
Oaklands College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum. The successful candidate would be required to teach City and Guilds qualifications to L1, L2 and L3 full time courses, L2 part time evening and L2 & L3 apprentices. It would be preferable for the candidate to be Gas qualified alongside plumbing qualifications or be prepared to work towards this.
You should have a strong commitment to high standards of classroom practice and experience of teaching, or working with young people. You should hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Plumbing and ideally hold a recognised teaching qualification. You will have a genuine regard for young people and want to work with us to ensure that all our students aspire to do well. You will demonstrate and professional standards in your area of work. The ability to work in a team is essential, sharing good practice and working collaboratively with colleagues are qualities that we will be looking for.
The college offers a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the college.
In addition to this, we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd February
Interview Date: TBC
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.