Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 pro rata per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 - 37 hours
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Plumbing to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
• Prepare and teach on a range of Plumbing Courses.
• Train and assess learners in the workplace and College environment.
• Actively engage with the Estate Management Team to provide customer focussed, real-world, opportunities for learners
• Keep accurate records for learner progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Level 3 (or equivalent) in Plumbing
• PGCE or commitment to work towards.
• Proven experience of teaching Plumbing.
• Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
• Experience of working in Further Education.
• Up-to-date occupational experience.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) who will be well supported through their NQT year.
We also welcome applications from current practitioners wishing to pass on their sector knowledge and experience who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College with relevant industry experience will receive support in attaining a relevant teaching qualification and will be supported by a dedicated mentor from within the Departmental team.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification
• Competitive salary.
• Pension Scheme.
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform.
• Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
• Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it by 9am on 16 April 2021.
The selection process will take place on 6 May 2021.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 11,000 learners and 1,400 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
South Cheshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.